So you want to know how to make a White Russian? Very well, I will share with you the ancient recipe of the old country. One that has been passed down straight from the motherland… Actually, a White Russian cocktail never originated in Russia. The term merely arose because the vodka is the primary hard alcohol in this beverage.
What you will need to make a White Russian:
- Coffee Liqueur
- Creamer or Milk
- rocks or lowball glass
How to make a White Russian:
1. Fill your highball glass with ice.
2. Pour 2 ounces of vodka into the glass.
For this drink, keep the amount of vodka a number that’s easily divisible by 2.
3. Pour 1 ounce of Coffee Liqueur.
Something like Kahlua works well.
4. Top off with your choice of creamer or milk.
If you use milk, add at least 3 ounces to make your drink 50/50. I like to add around 5 ounces to mine. If you use creamer, 2-3 ounces should work out. Remember that creamer is stronger than milk so add slowly until you get it how you like it. You can always add more, but you can never take back.
5. Stir well and serve.
Just make sure the alcohol and milk is thoroughly mixed together.
Go the extra mile:
- Add a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg, or even vanilla extract to liven it up even more. I don’t know if doing this changes the drink into something else, but it’s a great way to put your own personal spin on it.
- If you don’t add cream to it, then you have made yourself a Black Russian.
- Flavored vodkas such as vanilla work really well with this drink.