Every year around this time, people start sprinting to the internet and recipe books for new vodka drinks and cocktails to whip out for all their friends. Sometimes the goal is to stay classy; other times, it’s to just get trashy. I know I’ve had my fair share of each.
As I find myself getting older, wiser, classier (sometimes), I decided to feature a drink that will look equally good in a champagne flute or a plastic cup. Because of tradition, this will be a nice lighter cocktail featuring champagne to give the cocktail a sweet carbonation. If your goal is to get trashy tonight, feel free to make a big batch using the cheapest champagne you can find. Maybe spend a little more for the classier single cocktails.
Recipe: Raspberry Sparkler
- 1 oz. Passion Fruit Vodka (Either SKYY or Smirnoff)
- 1.5 oz. Pomegranate Juice
- 3.5 oz. Champagne
- 6 Raspberries
- Muddle 2 Raspberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Add your Passion Fruit Vodka and Pomegranate Juice into the shaker.
- Add some ice, cap the shaker, and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a champagne flute and top off the drink with your Champagne.
- Skewer the remaining Raspberries and use for garnish or simply add one or two straight into the glass.
I like to finish with some fresh mint as well. So if you have any on hand, I recommend trying it.
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
So, if you choose to stay classy this new years eve, try this excellent new years cocktail: the Raspberry Sparkler. It’s great to sip on and would even be great to toast at midnight. Try it out and let me know what you think!