If you have ever gone to order a Vodka Cocktail, you might have heard someone else order a Vodka Press. You’re probably wondering, what is a Vodka Press? This actually isn’t a very complicated Vodka Mixed Drink, as it’s a vodka with soda water (or tonic) and 7up. There is some speculation on how this cocktail got its name. The most reasonable and obvious explanation is that when you’re behind a bar, all the soda’s are in a gun. So, for a Vodka Press, you would only need to pour the vodka, and then press buttons on the gun for the soda.
This drink is great for those in between people who don’t want just a vodka soda or vodka tonic, and those who don’t want just a vodka seven. Perfect balance of flavors!
How to Make a Vodka Press Cocktail:
Vodka Press Ingredients:
- soda water (or tonic)
- 7up (or other lemon-lime soda)
- lime wedge
- Pour 1.5 ounces of vodka into a collins glass filled with ice.1.5 is the standard amount of a shot of alcohol, so feel free to use a shot glass as your measuring cup.
- Pour in about 4 ounces of soda water.It doesn’t have to be exact, just however much soda water you want.
- Pour in about 4 ounces of 7up (or other lemon-lime soda).The ratio between soda water to 7up is different for each person, but for a basic vodka press, 50/50 is a good starting point.
- Serve with a lime wedge to garnish.All there is to it!
Go the extra mile
- I like to add a splash of grenadine to mine to make it more of a cherry press.
- Try using different flavored vodkas to add different flavor profiles to your drink.