Sex on the Beach is one of the more popular Vodka Cocktails that is listed as an International Bartenders Association Official Cocktail. I think the Sex on the Beach mainly got it’s notoriety due the name of the Vodka Mixed Drink. Being a colorful and playful Vodka Cocktail, it has become more popular to female vodka drinkers. What girl doesn’t want to walk up to a bartender and say, “I’d like Sex on the Beach“… I’m sure that’s bound to catch the ears of some nearby males!
There are a few different variations of this Vodka Mixed Drink. But here at Vodka Only, we will show you the classic original version of theSex on the Beach Recipe, with a more current option.
Sex on the Beach Recipe:
- Pour 1 ounce of Vodka into a highball glass filled with ice.
Using a regular tall glass works too. 1.5 ounces is a full shot, so feel free to add the full amount if you want a strong drink.
- Pour in 1 ounce of Peach Schnapps.
This is a fruity liqueur that will help add to the citrus flavors of this Vodka Cocktail.
- *Pour in 4 ounces of Cranberry Juice and Orange Juice.
This is the part that can vary. A lot of bars like to make Sex on the Beach with 4 ounces of Pineapple Juice instead of the Orange Juice. Some bars even use all three juices. I suggest making this drink with each so you know which kind to ask for if you order one out!
- Stir or the Cocktail and serve.
Important not to shake the cocktail, since that will dilute and diminish the brightness of the colors in the Vodka Mixed Drink. Garnish with a cherry or orange slice for looks.
Sex on the Beach Ingredients:
- Peach Schnapps
- Orange Juice
- Cranberry Juice
- *Pineapple Juice
- Cherry or Orange Slice
- Highball Glass
Go the extra mile
- If Cranberry Juice isn’t readily available, adding Grenadine is sometimes used as an acceptable replacement
- Not adding any Orange Juice turns your drink into a Woo Woo
- Add half the Vodka, half the Schnapps, and add a little grenadine to make a Sex on the Beach shooter