The Purple Hooter is a lesser known Vodka Mixed Drink that is made with Chambord. These Vodka Cocktails are usually made as a shooter, although don’t have nearly the popularity of kamikaze’s or vodka redbull’s. The Purple Hooter doesn’t have too much of a history other than trying to figure out why it’s called a “Purple Hooter.” Chambord is a raspberry liqueur used in vodka mixed drinks, so the purple part is easy enough. But what about hooter… ? Well, just like a fuzzy navel is talking about an orange, a Purple Hooter isn’t referring to breasts. It is most likely referring to an owl. Why? Because once you’ve had a few Purple Hooters, they’ll make your head spin!
Eh, a little corny, I know. But it still made me smile saying it. And if it does that now while I’m sober writing this, I’m sure you’ll get a kick out of it when you’re tossing back Purple Hooter’s next time you’re out!
Purple Hooter Recipe:
- Pour 1 ounce of vodka into a cocktail shaker (or glass) filled with ice. If you want to get a little heavy handed in your pour and make it 1.5 ounces, I don’t see any harm in that 😉
- Pour 1 ounce of Chambord. That’s about 2/3’s full of a shot. The raspberry liqueur is what makes the purple hooter purple.
- Add 1.5 ounces of 7-up or .5 ounces of lime juice. Either ingredient is fine. I prefer 7-up to give my purple hooter a little more substance.
- Give a quick shake or stir and strain into shooter glasses Shooter glasses are preferred but taking from a rocks glass works too.
Purple Hooter Ingredients:
- 7-up or sprite
- Cocktail Shaker
- Shooter or rocks glasses
Go the extra mile
- If you want to give this shooter a little twist, try making with .5 ounces of triple-sec or even a splash of sweet and sour.
How to Make a Purple Hooter,