There comes a time in every Vodka drinkers life, when they come home on a Friday night, and find themselves browsing the internet for deals. I come to find out, HP is having a fire sale on their 2 month old HP TouchPad Tablet. Originally $499, they are now selling the 16g version for $99 and the 32g version for $149! So, like the impulsive buyer I am, I snatched up one of each. Yes it’s obsolete and yes there will be no more updates for it. But I have faith in the Android community that they will develop something to improve this tablet and make it a steal!
So that’s pretty much the history and background of this drink. I’ve been around Vodka for a while so I have faith that this taste delicious. I pay homage to HP for this amazing deal and thank them for turning my night into a glorious one. Yes, I agree, the name isn’t catchy at all, but I’ll think of something.
Ingredients needed to make a HP TouchPad:
- Rum-coconut flavored preferably
- Orange juice
- Pineapple juice
- highball glass
How to Make a HP TouchPad:
- Pour 1 ounce of vodka into a glass or cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Like my other recipes, I’m calling for 1 ounce but nothing wrong with adding a little extra
- Pour 1 ounce of coconut flavored rum.
If you have a standard shot glass, 1.5 ounces is almost to the rim, so 2/3’s full would be about 1 ounce. spiced rum is ok, but coconut rum would turn up the best result!
- Pour 5 ounces of orange juice and pineapple juice .
Basically you just want to add enough to top off your drink. 50:50 ratio should work great.
- Pour just a splash of grenadine to top off the drink.
You want just a little bit to add a bit more sugar and give it a nicer looking color.
- Shake or mix your cocktail and serve.
You just want all the ingredients to mix together and not separate.
Go the Extra Mile:
- If you have some Dole Pineapple-Orange-Banana or Pineapple-Orange-Strawberry juice, feel free to add this instead of the juices separately and consider yourself upgraded to the 32g!