People like to create new Vodka Mixed Drinks and invent different Vodka Cocktails all the time. However, the Godmother Cocktail is one of those classics that have been around for a while. The Godmother Cocktail is a Vodka Mixed Drink that actually originated from another cocktail, the Godfather. The Godfather is made with 1 part scotch and 1 part amaretto (you can guess what we will take out to make our Vodka Cocktail!). The name Godmother most likely caught on for two reasons. The first is that woman tend to like Vodka Mixed Drinks and so it was only natural this cocktail would be feminine. The other, is that vodka is synonymous with Russia, as in Mother Russia or The Motherland.
That last part was mainly an observation on my part, but seriously, you didn’t think that too?
Godmother Drink Recipe:
- Pour 1.5 ounces of vodka into a rocks glass filled with ice.
1.5 is the standard amount of alcohol in a shot, so feel free to use that as your measuring cup.
- Pour in 1 ounce of amaretto.
Amaretto is a sweet liqueur that is great for mixing with Vodka Cocktails such as this.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge or sprig of mint and serve.
Adding these flavors can help calm down the sweetness of the amaretto in these types of Vodka Mixed Drinks.
- lemon wedge or mint sprig
- Rocks Glass
Go the extra mile
- This is such a simple and classic drink that I wouldn’t want to ruin it by adding any additional flavors. I would say serve this Vodka Cocktail with cheese and crackers at your next get together. Vegetables and humus would go great as well.