A Cape Cod is a fairly easy cocktail to make. The name originates from the coast of Cape Cod because of the all the cranberries that were harvested in that region. Figured it out yet? A Cape Cod cocktail’s slang term is simply Vodka Cranberry or Vodka Cran. It’s a classic highball that I’m sure you’ve seen people order at a bar. Cranberry juice is one of the staple mixers brought to a table that has ordered bottle service at a club. It’s no mystery as to why this tasty mixed drink is so popular, Cape Cod’s are very tasty!
What you will need to make a Cape Cod:
- Cranberry Juice
- highball glass
How to make a Cape Cod:
1. Fill your highball glass with ice.
2. Pour 1.5 – 2 ounces of vodka into the glass.
1.5 is the standard amount (a shot of vodka) but no harm in being a little heavy handed in your pour 😉
3. Pour about 4 ounces of cranberry juice into the glass.
If there is still room in the glass, feel free to add a little more juice.
4. Stir well or pour into shaker to mix.
Just make sure the alcohol and juice is thoroughly mixed. At the bar you won’t see the mixing (usually too busy to bother). So if you don’t the alcohol will settle at the top.
Go the extra mile:
- Add a lime wedge on the rim of the cup for presentation bonuses
- Salting the rim of your glass turns your Cape Cod into a Salty Cod (not official, just what I call it. Go with it!)
- Flavored vodka can be used to add your own variation of this classic