Christmas Cocktails are a key component to
dealing with enjoying time with your friends and family over the holidays. With a few Vodka Cocktails and Vodka Mixed Drinks in your system, suddenly you realize that maybe your brother or sister isn’t such a pain after all… I’m kidding of course (although maybe you aren’t), but I’d like to think of Christmas Cocktails as a fun way to bring people together. Christmas dinner is all well and good, but I’m sure there’s a fair amount of people that like their pre meal drink.
Listed below are some excellent Christmas Cocktails to whip up for your holiday get together. Whether it be smoothing over the family tension or maybe livening up the party, these will sure to impress your friends and family. Who knows, one of these could even help you get lucky under that mistletoe this year!
Christmas Cocktails – Christmas Cheer:
- Pour 1.5 ounces of green apple vodka into a class with ice.
Feel free to use your vodka brand of choice.
- Pour .5 ounces of Triple Sec.
This will give it an even stronger citrus flavor.
- Pour a splash of grenadine.
Added for a little sweetness and color.
- Pour 3 ounces of cranberry juice.
It wouldn’t be Christmas without some cranberries.
- Give the drink a shake or stir and serve.
To make your Christmas cocktail even more special, try freezing some cranberries or blueberries and floating them on top of the drink. This works especially well of the person doesn’t like ice in their vodka cocktail.
Christmas Cocktails – ‘Where’s the Mistletoe?’ Shooter:
- Pour 1 ounce of chilled vodka into a shooter glass.
Something that’s easy to throw back.
- Add 1 ounce of Goldschläger.
- Add 1 ounce of cranberry juice.
Make it a little easier going down
- Give the glass a little stir and toss it back.
Christmas Cocktails – Candy Cane Martini:
- Using a chilled martini glass, Rim the glass with red or green sugar (use food coloring).
Either color looks nice.
- Pour 1.5 ounces of chilled vanilla vodka into your cocktail shaker.
Regular vodka works too, but vanilla gives it a nice flavor.
- Pour .5 ounces of peppermint schnapps.
This is about 1/3 of a shot glass.
- Pour 1 ounce of club soda (optional).
This is if you want a less strong martini.
- Shake cocktail and pour into martini glass.
Garnish with a mini candy cane inside the glass.
Christmas Cocktails – Russian Nog:
- Pour 2 ounces of vodka into a glass filled with ice.
No need for a cocktail shaker here.
- Add 1 ounce of chocolate liquor.
Something like Bailey’s should work nicely.
- Add 3-5 ounces of eggnog. Stir and serve.
Feel free to add as much or little as you want.
Christmas Cocktails – Russian Nog Smoothie:
- Pour 2 ounces of Vodka into a cocktail shaker or glass with ice.
Feel free to add a little more or less.
- Pour in 1 ounce of eggnog.
It’s not Christmas without a little eggnog.
- Add 1 ounce of orange juice and banana juice.
These are the fruits of the smoothie.
- Shake or stir and serve.
Christmas Cocktails – Gingerbread Man
- Add .5 ounces of Vodka into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Choose your favorite brand.
- Add .5 ounces of Goldschläger.
- Add .5 ounces of Bailey’s.
- Add .5 ounces of butterscotch Schnapps.
This is where you have some options. You can either pour what you have into a shot glass and take it as is. Or…
- Add 3-5 ounces of either coffee or hot chocolate.
Both of these will work well as mixers for this cocktail.